Fettuccine For Breakfast
Pasta for breakfast? I know, sounds a bit unusual. But Italians do it all the time, and they generally know what they are doing when it comes to food. This is the perfect breakfast if you have leftover spaghetti or any type of pasta. It’s also perfect when you really don’t have anything else to make, since most of us will have the ingredients on hand. This dish requires some type of pasta, a few eggs and a few veggies. Just mix it all together for a great recession-friendly breakfast, or better yet, brunch.
- Fettuccine pasta, cooked al dente
- Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small shallot (optional)
- 1-2 eggs per person
- 1/2 tbsp of milk per egg
- Cayenne pepper or hot sauce
- Salt + pepper
- Green onions or chives
- Grape tomatoes (or any kind of tomatoes)
- Grated parmesan/reggiano/asiago/ or my favorite, FETA!
- Pasta. To boiling water, add salt and pasta. Cook for about 8 minutes until “al dente”. Drain water completely.
- To hot skillet, add some olive oil, chopped shallot and lightly crushed garlic. Let garlic infuse the olive oil for about 1-2 minutes and remove garlic. Add cooked pasta and coat with the olive oil. Turn heat down to med/low.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper and cayenne (or hot sauce). Add a bit of cheese.
- Add egg mixture to pasta. Cover for about 1.5 minutes.
- Add chopped veggies. Stir and cover for about 1-2 minutes until spinach has wilted down.
- Take off heat and plate. Add grated cheese and serve.