Salt-Baked Salmon + Baby Potato Green Bean Salad
These beautiful wild-caught salmon filets were on sale from $19.99/lb to $6.99/lb. In fact, every week, there is at least one grocery store around me with fresh salmon on sale. One of the many benefits of living near the ocean.
This recipe is very simple and should take you about 30 minutes.I love making fish when I don’t have much time. It always looks elegant and time consuming, but it’s not. The mustard-herb sauce is also very easy to make and it complements the salmon like you would not believe. The herbs I used were rosemary, parsley and chives. I would have also liked to use tarragon but I was out.
The side dish, baby potato green bean salad with mustard vinaigrette, tasted fantastic. I found some tiny potatoes at the farmers market, they were so cute I just had to buy them. They were quite expensive for potatoes ($5/lb) but I just grabbed a handful. Since these were so small, they cooked in the oven very quickly and they were able to absorb the vinaigrette. If you get bigger potatoes, cut them in 4th’s before roasting, and then prick them with a fork and toss in the vinaigrette while they are still hot so they absorb all the delicious flavor.
- Salmon filets with skin on one side
- Kosher salt
Herb Sauce Ingredients:
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Grated garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Herbs (rosemary, parsley, chives)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 c. Cheese (either parmesan/asiago/romano)
- Salt + pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Cover baking sheet with tin foil and cover with kosher salt (about 2 cups)
- Chop herbs and place on top of salt (rosemary, parsley, thyme)
- Make herb sauce for fish & potatoes (combine olive oil, garlic, herbs, lime, cheese, salt, pepper). Place 1/2 on top of fish & save the other half for the potatoes.
- Cover fish with tin foil and bake for about 15 minutes
BABY POTATO & GREEN BEAN SALAD
- Herb sauce from Salmon
- Small potatoes
- Green beans
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp Rosemary
- 2 tbsp Chives
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Anchovy paste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees (make before fish)
- Mix potatoes with grated garlic, chopped rosemary, salt, pepper and cover in olive oil
- Cover with tin foil and bake until soft. Depending on size, could be done anywhere between 15-30 minutes. If the potatoes are big, cut in 1/2 or 1/4
- Boil green beans in salted water for about 4 minutes.
- To the other half of the herb sauce add apple cider vinegar, chives and anchovy paste.
- When potatoes are done and while still hot add the herb mixture and green beans.