Four Cheese Pizza Topped with Spicy Avocado Caesar Salad & Grilled Chicken
I think this picture speaks for itself. This pizza was so fantastic Mark said it was the best pizza he has ever had…and he has had many pizzas in his lifetime. He was actually quite cautious from the start. Well, cautious is a bit of an understatement. When I told him I was making a caesar salad pizza he threw a little fit like he was a 5 year old who was told he would have to eat a plate full of vegetables for dinner. He said it sounded “gross” and that I should make something else. I did not give in, and made exactly what I had been envisioning. As he saw me put together the pizza, though, I could tell he was growing anxiously excited. I could see his eyes widen and his smirk on his face waiting to taste all the delicious flavors he was smelling. He took the first bite and all I could hear was all kinds of noises one makes when they are full of pleasure and satisfaction. I guess I have done my job for the day.
But seriously though, I double-thought my decision to post this because it is THAT good. Part of me wants to keep it secret, but I just can’t do that. I would rather share it will the rest of the world. So this is my gift to you, enjoy!
- Wolfgang Puck’s pizza dough (click here to see video). (Makes 2 pizzas)
- Spicy Caesar Salad (click here).
- Pizza sauce: buttermilk gorgonzola dressing + 1 clove garlic (click here). Note: you only need a few tablespoons of the dressing. Also add less buttermilk to make it less runny.)
- Toppings: cheese and chopped Serrano peppers (without seeds)
- Cheese: pepper jack, gouda, shredded parmesan
- Grilled chicken (optional)
- Egg yolk (to brush on crust)
Note: use good parmesan cheese, not the kind that comes in a bottle.
- Make dough according to video above. I highly recommend using this recipe because it is honestly the best I have had. Let it rise like the video instructs, and bake as it instructs. The only addition I made was to brush the crust with an egg yolk to give it the wonderful golden color.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Add a 3-4 tbsp of the buttermilk gorgonzola sauce (believe me, it makes all the difference)
- Top with the remaining 3 cheeses (you can also use swiss instead of gouda..or provolone)
- Chop and add some Serrano peppers, to taste (but take out the seeds so it doesn’t kill your taste buds)
- Bake in lower rack for 5 mins, then in middle rack for 5 mins.
- Take out of oven and top with chopped cilantro and parmesan cheese.
- Top with Spicy Caesar Salad, avocado, and grilled chicken, and some more parmesan.
- If you have leftover dressing you can add a bit on top of pizza as well.