Cherry Berry Croissant Galette
I love making galettes, which is french for a flat pastry. I prefer making galettes to traditional pies due to it’s rustic simplicity. Start out with making a traditional pie dough. Roll it out into a circle, add fruit to the middle, and fold all around. No need to grease a pie mold. No need to make it look pretty; this comes naturally to galettes. Simple rustic elegance.
This version is even simpler. I had some Pillsbury Croissant dough in my fridge which I used as my dough. Just roll out to a circle, add a mixture of cream cheese, top with fruit, jam, and bake.
- Croissant dough
- Cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- lime zest
- Egg wash
- Optional: top with whipped cream or ice cream
- Use 2 croissant triangles per Galette
- Roll into a ball, then roll out into a circle
- Combine cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, and lime zest.
- Spread cream cheese mixture to middle of dough circle
- Top with your choice of either fresh, canned or frozen fruit
- Add some jam to the top
- Fold sides of dough towards the center
- Brush egg wash to top of dough to form a golden crust.
- Bake at 375 for about 10-15 minutes.