CPK’s Chipotle Pizza–Made Even Better!
Mark’s been trying to test me to see if I can recreate some of his favorite restaurant foods. When he likes something he will ask me if I can make it at home. Most of the time my answer is “I think so”. But when he really wants me to make it, all he has to do is doubt my “I think so” with a “yeah right, I bet you can’t”. This almost guarantees immediate results, even though I know he knows exactly what he is doing. He knows me all too well and at times he uses it to his advantage. But I have to admit I love the feeling of making something that’s even better than the original.
I think what makes this pizza better than CPK’s was the chipotle pizza sauce which gives it a stronger smokey chipotle flavor (I don’t think CPK has a sauce under the cheese). The zesty lime sauce is definitively better with more depth, and although I didn’t taste the chicken Mark said it was super tender and flavorful.
Also, you can make this pizza as spicy as you want, which is another plus. I added sliced chipotle peppers with the cheese and added Serrano peppers in the lime sauce–we like it spicy!
- Wolfgang Puck’s pizza dough (click here).
- Chipotle Pizza Sauce, recipe below
- Cheese: pepper jack and cheddar
- Zesty Lime Sauce, recipe below
- Black Bean & Corn Salsa, recipe below
- Chipotle Marinated Chicken, recipe below (optional)
- Egg yolk, to brush on crust
Chipotle Pizza Sauce
- About 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1-2 tsp lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp Chipotle sauce, from can (to taste)
- Cayenne pepper, paprika, or achiote powder (to taste, optional)
- Salt + pepper, to taste
Zesty Lime Sauce
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayo
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Handful of cilantro
- Serrano pepper, to taste
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt + pepper, to taste
Zesty Lime Sauce Directions: Blend everything in food processor or blender until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use. To garnish pizza, place in ziplock bag, puncture a whole and squeeze out.
Black Bean & Corn Salsa Ingredients:
- Black beans
- Serrano peppers
- Red onion
- Salt + Pepper
- Buffalo Sauce (optional)
Directions: Mix everything together.
Chipotle Chicken Marinade:
- Chipotle sauce or peppers
- Canola or vegetable oil
- Lime juice
- Salsa (I used Ranchera salsa which comes in a little can, but you can use whatever you have on hand)
- Salt + pepper
- Optional: cayenne powder
Directions: Blend everything together. Coat chicken and marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour, but the longer, the better.
Assemble The Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a thin layer of chipotle pizza sauce on dough.
- Top with cheese and chopped chipotle peppers
- Bake in lower rack for 5 minutes, and in top rack for 5 minutes.
- Take pizza out of oven, garnish with cilantro
- Add zesty lime sauce using ziplock bag in zigzag pattern
- Add bean & corn salsa to middle
- Add leftover chipotle sauce (optional)
- Top with grilled chipotle chicken
Leftovers? Make chipotle chicken tacos with black bean & corn salsa, topped with chipotle sauce and zesty lime sauce.
CPK’S CHIPOTLE CHICKEN PIZZA….