Atole Oatmeal Pudding with Summer Berries
An awesome breakfast in 5 minutes. The secret ingredient in this oatmeal is nut flavored cornstarch. (Atole maizena de nuez). The Atole thickens and flavors the oatmeal creating a pudding-like dessert. Add brown sugar, vanilla, berries and nuts for a breakfast that is both delicious and nutritious.
- Quick oats
- Corn starch (Maizena Nuez Flavor)
- Brown sugar
- Walnuts & silvered almonds
- Mixed berries
- Heat milk in saucepan. When hot, add oats.
- When oats are soft, combine 2 tbsp cold milk with 1 tsp corn starch for every 1/2 cups of oats.
- Reduce heat and add vanilla and brown sugar.
- When oatmeal is thick, remove from heat and let thicken for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with fruit, nuts, and sprinkle a bit of brown sugar on top.