Baked Blue Cheese Jalapeno Poppers
Huge jalapenos stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, blue cheese and green onions. My only regret is that I didn’t have more jalapenos.
Whenever I buy chilies I remember going to the mexican grocery store with my Mom. We were making a recipe that called for 1 chili pepper, and I got exactly one. My mom hadn’t noticed, and when the lady at the register saw my one chile, they both started laughing uncontrollably. But in my defense, I didn’t want to be wasteful and have extra chilies spoil in our fridge! But I should have known that in our Mexican household, they would not have spoiled. I guess the correct thing to do is buy pounds of chiles. And with this recipe, I now will too. So go to your local Mexican grocery store and get a a bag full of jalapenos, cause everyone will be wanting more!
- Jalapenos, sliced and seeded
- Filling: cream cheese, blue cheese, parmesan cheese, green onions, salt, pepper
- Coating: flour (with salt, pepper & paprika), egg (with Frank’s buffalo sauce), and panko bread crumbs.
- Slice and seed jalapenos
- Combine cream cheese, blue cheese, parmesan, green onions, and salt and pepper until smooth and creamy
- Fill each sliced jalapeno with filling and squeeze each half together.
- Place jalapenos in freezer while you make coating.
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees
- Dip jalapenos in flour, then egg, then panko. Repeat process one more time.
- Bake jalapenos until coating is golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
Note: if you want a better crunch, you can also fry these up, if you don’t mind the extra calories.