Arabian Fattoush Salad
This traditional Levantine salad is made with sweet tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, salty kalamata olives, fresh parsley, green onions and topped with toasted pita bread. The dressing is made with lime juice, olive oil and crushed garlic. Simple and delicious!
- About 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 large cucumbers
- 1/2 bunch scallions
- Handfull of italian parsley
- About 2 tbsp mint
- 1/2 c. kalamata olives
- Dressing: 1/3 c. olive oil, 1/3 c. lime juice, 2 cloves garlic, 1/2 tsp sumac, salt, pepper
- 1/2 bunch of romaine lettuce
- 1 c. Pita bread, broken into little pieces, lightly covered in olive oil and baked until crunchy.
- Cut vegetables and herbs and place in salad bowl (except lettuce).
- Combine dressing and pour over vegetables.
- When ready to serve, place lettuce in plate, top with remaining vegetables marinating in the dressing, and finish off with crispy toasted pita bread.