Pistachio Crumble Cookies
These are similar to “mexican wedding cookies”, but are made with pistachios instead of walnuts…which I love! Since there were made for a kid’s birthday party I also added colorful sprinkles to the top. I also made some into lollipops but had a hard time making them stay in place. But they are just as cute in little muffin liners.
Ingredients: (Adapted from Joyofbaking.com)
- 1 c. Butter, soft
- 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 c. pistachios, crushed
- More powdered sugar, for dusting on top
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Combine all ingredients until it comes together. Roll into small balls about the size of golf balls.
- Place in baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place balls in freezer for about 15 minutes
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- When slightly cooled, dust powdered sugar and sprinkles on top.
This entry was posted on October 3, 2010 at 7:48 pm and is filed under Dessert, Party with tags cookies, mexican, pistachio, wedding. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.