Spanakopita (Spinach & Feta Pie)
This dish has two of my favorite ingredients: spinach and feta! I can never get enough. Super easy to make, just make sure you fully thaw the phyllo sheets (for about 2 hours!). I was not patient enough, coincidentally, many of my phyllo sheets tore. But no big deal, I used the leftover torn sheets to make yummy baklava!
Spanakopita Ingredients: (Bake at 350 for 30 minutes)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, grated
- 2 packages frozen spinach, thawed and moisture free
- 1/2 package cream cheese
- 1 4 oz package feta cheese
- Salt + Pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 8 Phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- Olive oil (to brush on pastry sheets)
- Saute onion in pan. Add garlic and spinach (without the excess water). Place in bowl and add cream cheese and feta. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- In a greased pie pan, place 1 sheet of oiled phyllo dough. Over lap with 3 more oiled sheets for a total of 4. Place spinach filling inside and top with 4 more oiled phyllo sheets. Tuck the edges in and cut into desired servings. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.